OZO Academy offers a variety of hands-on and theoretical courses overseen by internationally-trained tutors, with EU-recognised certification upon completion. The Academy caters to OZO Group employees who want to move up the career ladder, third-parties looking to train their staff, and private individuals who wish to beef up their CVs.
More than just a training centre
Set up in 2014, OZO Academy is a fully-certified training centre that operates from OZO Group’s Business Centre in Qormi. It offers a wide variety of courses conducted by internationally-trained tutors and each course’s certification is recognised by Malta’s National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE). This was possible through the syllabi used, which have been drafted in accordance to the National Qualification Framework, which, in turn, is aligned with the European Union’s Qualification Framework. This also means that these qualification are accepted and valued anywhere in the European Union.
The Academy is not just the preserve of OZO Group’s employees, however. As of 2019, OZO Academy is open to third-party employers and private individuals, as well as for on-demand team-building sessions.
As of 2019, all 1,800 OZO Group employees are being given the basic course in their line of work regardless of how long they have been with the Group. This has been done to provide our clients with the peace of mind that, no matter which OZO Group employee is on the job, they will always receive the same, high-quality product.
Courses available to OZO Group employees
- Basic Housekeeping – Level 1 (Accredited by NCFHE)
- Housekeeping for a Healthcare Setting (Accredited by NCFHE)
- Security (Accredited by NCHFE)
- Food and Beverage – Level 1 (Accredited by NCFHE)
- Communication Skills for Hospitality (Accredited by NCFHE)
- Culture and Integration (Accredited by NCFHE)
- Housekeeping Supervisory Skills – Level 3 (Accredited by NCFHE)
- Customer Care – Level 1 (Accredited by NCFHE)
Courses available to third-party employers and private individuals
- Food & Beverage Supervisory Skills
- Commis Chef Training
- Health and Care for the Elderly